Okay, I know I already posted a banana bread recipe on here, but this one really elevated the Autumnal treats in my home so I felt compelled to share it! The buttermilk is such a nice addition, and the Pumpkin Spice Blend just gives it the most warming and nostalgic flavour.
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed brown bananas (3 medium sized bananas)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tsp Pumpkin Spice Blend
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (165 C) . Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside. (I used a different sized pan because it is what I had :))
2. In a bowl mix the oil and sugar together. Add eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla until combined. (If your coconut oil/ghee solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove or in a bowl of warm water)
3. Add in the flour, baking powder & soda, and the pumpkin spice mix and whisk to blend.
4. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok!
5. Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon
6. Bake for 40 to 50
minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (As mentioned, I used a shallower loaf pan here so it was done in 35 but was a thinner loaf)
7. Let bread cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!