This recipe is delightful! It is filled with bitter greens to get that spring detox flowing, healthy fat/proteins from avocado, oil & nuts, and all the veggies and fresh herbs that dreams are made of!
I used gluten free swirly noodles because I find them to be less filling, and also gluten causes quite a lot of inflammation in my system. But if you would like to go with the OG noodles, they totally work also and you should do your thing!
- 3 cups packed fresh greens (mixture of basil & Spinach)
- Few handfuls of bitter greens (arugula & cilantro)
- 1/2 cup nuts (can use pistachio, pine nuts, cashews -- or a combination of them)
- 1/4 cup olive oil ( & a bit extra for the pan)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- The juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 ripe avocado
- 300g spiral pasta
- Optional: fresh sprouts to garnish
1. In a blender combine: greens, oil, nuts, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, chopped garlic, salt & pepper. Blend until desired smoothness. I like to keep mine a bit rough.
2. In a bowl, mash the avocado well. And then pour in the pesto from the blender. Mix them together well.
3. Chop broccoli into bite sized florets. I use the stems also, but that is your call. In a medium sized pan, add a swirl of oil and heat on medium flame. Add in the chopped broccoli and cook with a lid on until tender. I keep a nice crunch in mine, but make sure to cook them enough to avoid bloating.
4. Cook noodles based on what packet tells you.
5. Combine cooked noodles, broccoli, and pesto. Mix them together well! top with extra nuts and a sprinkle of green sprouts :)