Updated: Oct 19, 2021
These oats are basically like a cup of your favorite chai in a bowl. I love it to mix up my routine oats, get that delightful anti-inflammatory action from the turmeric and add extra heat to my agni. They are a wonderful addition to your autumn breakfast menu and can be made quickly & simply.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp dried ground ginger (can also use fresh fine chopped)
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 cup water (or optional to use nut milk)
- Hemp seeds to top
- *I added stewed raisins & the stewed fruit water to sweeten instead of maple syrup
- Otherwise 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, to sweeten if desired
Bring water to a boil, and place the oats and spices in the pot. Turn flame down to very low and stir often as the oats slowly cook. You don’t want them sticky, so you can add liquid if needed. Cook slowly, stirring often until ready 💛
Alternatively, add all ingredients to the pot, and slowly heat until cooked through. This is a wonderful way to make them, but it takes a few minutes extra.